Housing is at the root of almost all of Portland's most pressing issues.
The rapid increase in the cost of housing is displacing people, making it harder for people to buy or rent a home in Portland, close to where they work and near schools and services. The many Portlanders who live in market-rate housing are seeing their options reduced.
These are some of the actions the city should take to address the rapid cost of housing and I will be an advocate for them, and help make them happen:
• streamline the delivery of housing
• modernize/streamline permitting
• increase ADU's
• increase 'missing middle' housing
• support innovation in housing(modular, etc.)
• simplify some regulations
• take steps to reduce displacement